attended Fine Arts courses in Bordeaux, and in Paris. Brilliant
student, he was recognised very early on as a sketcher and engraver.
He obtained, in 1926, the prize for engraving from the American
foundation Florence Blumenthal, and in 1928, the First Grand Prix
of Rome for engraving. In 1932, named member of the Casa Velasquez
in Madrid, he preferred a role, created for him, as professor
at the École Municipale des Beaux-Arts of Bordeaux.
During that time, Beaudouin asked him to do the decorations of
the two large double doors of the salon for the Embassy of France
in Canada. Cami was never in Canada. Everything was drawn, created,
and welded in France.
In 1942, he left Bordeaux for Paris where he was then named Chief
Professor of the Engraving Workshop at the École National
Supérieure des Beaux-Arts.