(1906-1963)
French engraver

 
 

rant holder at 18 years of age at the workshop of the famous École Estienne, Pinson only stayed a short while. In 1925, he entered the École des Beaux-Arts, remaining in engraving. His talent awarded him the right to imprint the bills for the Bank of France. With Dezarrois, Laguillermie, Buland, Simon, which were his professors, Pinson learned his techniques. A solitary and very creative artist, he dreamed of large monumental creations.

Charles-Émile PINSON Pinson was awarded many prizes. In 1928, he became laureate of the Fondation Florence Blumenthal, and received, in 1932, the first grand prix of Rome for copper-plate engraving.

In 1936, Beaudouin offered him his dream : engraving an immense surface, the walls of the Ambassador’s office. In 1939, Pinson requested to return to France. His work remains unfinished. From his return, he was mobilised. He remained a prisoner of war until 1942.

From 1944 on, Pinson participated, in an interrupted fashion, in divers expositions.

Amongst his works :
- An illustration of the Counts of Perrault
- An engraving of Gargantua and Pantagruel of Rabelais
- An illustration of the Counts of Perrault
- The Church of May-ur-Orne (1958)
- The Argences and Maisy Churches (1959)
- A panel of 86 m2 in aluminium for a facade of the Lycée of Evreux (1960)
- The Saint-Quentin lycée (1961)

 
 
 
 
Retour à l'accueil